How to Update Node to Another Version on Windows WSL
I started using some libraries that required updated versions of Node.js.
It’s a fairly simple process to update.
Before anything, let’s check our
We can use
npm to update
First, we’ll clear the cache and install the
npm cache clean -f npm install -g n
We can now use
n to update
node. We can use any of the following commands.
n stable # Latest stable release n latest # Latest release n [version.number] # Specific version: n 14.16.0
We can also use
nvm to update
nvm using the curl command. This will install to
curl -o- https://raw.githubusercontent.com/nvm-sh/nvm/v0.38.0/install.sh | bash
Afterwards, we must either restart the terminal, or
source our shell’s respective run commands.
source ~/.bashrc # bash source ~/.zshrc # zsh . ~/.profile # ksh
We can verify our installation with
Finally, let’s use
nvm to install the version we want. We can use
nvm ls-remote to view all available releases.
nvm install [version.number] # nvm install v14.16.0
More CLI Articles
- How to Use SSH with GitHub (Instead of HTTPS) on Windows WSL
- How to Delete Files with a Specific Extension in all Subdirectories Recursively
- How to Suppress Output of npm install
- How to Pass Environment Variables to Makefiles in Subdirectories
- How to Access Environment Variables in a Makefile
- How to Reset Password on Ubuntu Linux
- How to Pull a Branch from Another User's Fork using Git
- How to Align GitHub README images in Markdown
- How to Merge Development and Production Branches in Git
- How to Quickly Push to Git with a Bash Script
- How to Change Author of Commit in Git History
- WSL2: How to Fix "Virtual hard disk files must be uncompressed and unencrypted and must not be sparse"
- How to Replace a Branch with Another Branch in Git
- How to Delete a Git Branch Locally and Remotely
- How to Schedule Recurring Deploys in Netlify
- How to View All Global Packages in npm
- How to Test an npm package locally
- How to Update an npm Package (Fixing "You cannot publish over the previously published versions")
- How to Undo Changes in a Single File in Git
- How to Fix the Netlify error: "Treating warnings as errors because process.env.CI = true"
- How to Set the Default Directory for Git Bash on Windows
- How to Search Past Terminal Commands in Linux
- How to Get the Count of Files with each File Extension in Linux
- How to Find All Files with a Specific File Extension in Linux
- How to Run Multiple Commands Simultaneously in Linux
- How to Watch a File in Linux using tail
- Linux Timestamps: The Difference Between atime, mtime, ctime, and crtime
- How To Remove Duplicate Lines While Maintaining Order in Linux
- How To Count the Number of Non-Empty Output Lines in Linux
- How To Find All IP Addresses within a File in Linux with grep
- How To Rename Every File in all Subdirectories in Windows CMD