How to Transfer Currency from Coinbase to Gemini
I needed to transfer all my assets from Coinbase to Gemini recently. This is the process.
Before anything, ensure that you’ve verified your identity on both platforms with either your passport or driver’s license. Some options may not appear for you if you’re not verified.
- Go to your Gemini Dashboard
Deposity into Gemini
- Select your
- Copy the
Deposit Address(the string of letters and numbers)
- Go to your Coinbase Dashboard
- Paste the
Deposit Addressfrom Gemini into the
Note that there will be a network fee from Coinbase for this transaction.
Despite the network fee, I would suggest sending a small amount first to ensure the transaction will be successful, and then send the rest of it.
Your funds won’t be shown in Gemini for some time (depending on the currency), so don’t fret if your account balance isn’t updated right away.
More Finance Articles
- How does a Roth IRA work?
- How does a 401(k) work?
- How does a Health Savings Account (HSA) Work for Retirement?
- How do the Various Retirement Accounts Compare? (401k vs IRA vs HSA)
- 5 Ways I Made Money as a College Student
- The Dangers of FIRE (Financial Independence, Retire Early)
- How To Open a Fidelity Roth IRA: A Step-by-Step Guide
- 5 Passive Income Ideas for Software Developers